Saturday, April 18, 2015

Star Log Cabin

Now that I'm on "maternity leave" I finally have some time to update the blog with all the quilts I've done over the last year! Lets start with the log cabin in the star setting that I made the tutorial for.


As you can see, I placed the lotus flower pattern made with the arc rulers in each of the purple blocks. A really cool medallion came together in the center! I stippled in the cream background and did a ribbon in the border.


Kathi, the maker of this quilt, chose a polar fleece for the backing. It made for some awesome texture on the back! She also used a high loft poly batting which gave dimension to the front as well. I also bound this quilt using my machine binding technique.
If you have a quilt you would like me to quilt, send me an email at chelseamichaldesigns(at)gmail(dot)com

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Chelsea....but I LOVE the back of the quilt in particular!!!!

    ReplyDelete