Thursday, September 5, 2013

Gift Bags

Our church is small. Very small. As in 6 family's small. Thankfully, I've been able to join the young ladies fellowship at my in-laws church. They are a wonderful group of ladies and I've enjoyed my time with them and made some good friends. This past months fellowship came with a request ~ bring 6 of any one item to include in a gift bag for the pastors wives. Even though I don't know these ladies, I still wanted to include something handmade. Here's what I came up with....
My part of the pastors wives gift baskets finished! (I'll try to get pics of the finished baskets tonight) #stampinup
©Stampin' Up!
Each gift bag includes a mini composition notebook that I covered in cardstock that I had stamped and two 3x3 note cards with envelopes. I had hoped to have several 3x3 note cards in each gift bag but ran out of time. I was tying up the packages at the last minute! All gift bags are the same, I just did one card in front in half and the other card in the second half.

Here are a few close ups of each item in the gift bag.

6 mini notebooks for the pastors wives gift baskets #stampinup
©Stampin' Up!
For the most part I like how the notebooks turned out. Given more time I could have done better. Maybe a different color paper?

Second in a gift set for 6 pastors wives #stampinup #papillonpotpourri #butterfly #3x3cards
©Stampin' Up!
I really like Stampin' Up's! new "In Color" for 2013 called Pistachio Pudding. Papillon Potpourri and the co-ordinating punch's, Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly, have become favorites also.

First in a set of cards for 6 pastors wives #Christmascards #stampinup #3x3cards
©Stampin' Up!
This one, however, ended up with the most visual impact. I rather like it myself ;) I used Night of Navy cardstock and ink, white embossing powder with VersaMark and the Decorative Label punch (modified) for the tag. Sadly, the stamp sets (Winter Post and Snow Swirled) are retired.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions on these projects. I've included links to the products I used but make sure to order through me so you get the "Preferred Price" ~ save where you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment